Verbier Marathon 43km – 3500m D+
A first big ascent up to Mille Hut where you will join both longer long routes. The second aid station is waiting for you at the Brunet hut before crossing the Avouillons pass to reach the bottom of the Grand Combin, its glacier and the Panossière hut. Crossing the suspension bridge will be the hottest spot of this section. By the end of the race you will still have to face “the wall”, the Lourtier – La Chaux uphill in order to be able to run down to Verbier.
Verbier Marathon 4000 – 46km – 4000m D+ – (Alternative)
2021 NEWS !! An atractive alternative is organised this year: Once in col de Mille, if you wish (and are able to) you can choose for a little detour to reach a summit of more than 3000m. This will add 600m of positive denivelation along the ridge of Mt Rogneux up to the top (3084m). The trail then goes down alongside some mountain lakes to reach the Brunet hut where you will join the classical Verbier Marathon.
Variante VM 4000:
Maximum time: 18h
3rd July 2021
11 :00 (ITRA Perf. index 900-500)
11 :15 (ITRA Perf. index under 500 or no Perf index).
It’s your responsibility to take the correct start.
Every finisher will get 3 ITRA points.
Fees : CHF 87.-
Min 18 years old during the year of participation.
Verbier Marathon (+VM4000) is limited to 650 runners.
On Friday 2nd July in Le Châble (Espace St Marc) between 10:00 a.m and 21:00 p.m. with your identity card.
The briefing will be shown on a big screen at the numbers withdrawal and available on our Youtube channel.
Take then the opportunity to visit our Trail exhibition with several running brands who propose special discount on this occasion.
- a minimum of 1 liter of water
- two head lights in working order
- rescue blanket
- elastic adhesive tape for bandaging or taping an injury (min 400cm x 4 cm)
- waterproof jacket with a hood resisting harsh mountain weather conditions
- second layer: long sleeved sweater, at least 150g. (combination of T-shirt and armbands not accepted)
- personal cup for the aid stations (min 2dl)
- 1 additional mask kept in a waterproof pocket
- 1 personal plate or bowl to receive the food on the aid station (in addition to the cup)
- mobile phone (working and turned on).
- identity card
If you choose to take poles with you, you must carry them throughout the whole race. It’s however permitted to replace a broken pole on any aid station.
Cold Kit: (you will be informed if needed)
- long pants or running leggings (minimum covering the knee, women tights not allowed)
- one pair of gloves (latex, plastic or similar material gloves are not allowed)
- a hot long sleeved sweater instead of the 150g sweater
A bag for your personal items can be dropped at the start in Liddes. We will carry it to the post office in Verbier where you can pick it up at the end of your race.
For the Verbier marathon runners who plan to reach Verbier before midnight, the Crèche des Moulins in Verbier, in collaboration with TVSB, will take care of your 3 month – 12 year old children.
Leave your children to the care of professionals from 8:00 on Saturday morning in Verbier and pick them up after your run on Saturday evening before midnight.
Booking is mandatory on your personal folder.
Price: CHF 60.- (one child) / 45.- for an additional child
For more information contact the Crèche des Moulins:
0041 27 771 65 85
All results here