This race has been especially designed as an introduction to trail running. It is suitable for any kind of runners and isn’t technically too difficult, while offering superb and extensive views of Verbier.
The race starts from the centre of the resort then, after a first climb towards Pierre Avoi, well known for its panoramic picture-postcard views, the route takes a splendid hillside path to Attelas, continues to the Cabane Mont-Fort and then follows a section of the charming Bisse du Levron irrigation channel. The Verbier X-Plore then joins the other races’ route and finishes by crossing Verbier.
subject to change
ou en Widget:
Verbier, Place de l’Ermitage
10th July 2022
To get to the start of the race, you can leave your car in Le Châble and take the gondola lift, which is open every day from 5:15 am to 11:50 pm
The Verbier X-Plore is in the 20 km category and will influence your UTMB Index in the 20K category for more info on your index.Finishing the Verbier X-Plore will bring you 1 running stone to take part to the lottery for the 2023 UTMB races.
No age limit (parents’ authorization under 16)
Verbier X-Plore is limited to 1000 runners.
On Friday 8th July 2022 in Le Châble (Espace St Marc) between 10:00 a.m and 21:00 p.m. with your identity card.
Race briefing from 5:45 to 6:15 p.m. (interruption of numbers withdrawal for 30 minutes).
Take then the opportunity to visit our Trail exhibition with several running brands who propose special discount on this occasion.
On Sunday10th July 2022 in Verbier from 7:00 to 8:30 a.m.
- Backpack destined to transport obligatory equipment throughout the race.
- Mobile phone: the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race: Keep the phone on, airplane mode is prohibited. For smartphones: LiveRun application installed and activated.
- Personal beaker 15 cl minimum (bottles or flasks with lids are not accepted)
- Supply of water of 1 litre minimum
- Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum
- Jacket with hood which will withstand bad weather in the mountains and made with a waterproof* and breathable** membrane (eg. Outdry).
- Identity card
A bag for your personal items can be dropped at the start in Verbier.
All results here